What data do we collect?
The Society of Radiologists in Training (The SRT) collects the following data:
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Feedback about conference
- Dietary requirements
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide The SRT with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online for membership or services
- Voluntarily complete feedback forms or surveys
- Use or view our website via your bower’s cookies
- Sign up to workshops at our conferences
How will we use your data?
The SRT collects your data so that we can:
- Process your orders
- Manage your membership
- Contact you with updates about the SRT, including conference updates
- Contact you about upcoming events hosted by the SRT
- Inform you of other events that we may sometimes be asked to promote by other companies
- Contact you to request feedback for events
We may share your data with British Subspecialty Societies but only when you have won a prize for best poster or presentation. These Societies include:
We will share your name, e-mail address and profession with the society who has sponsored the prize you have won.
We may contact your Training Programme Director if there are any issues with refusal to pay for products and services we provide. e.g. if you attend our conference or social event without paying.
We do not share your data with third parties for marketing purposes. If we feel an event or product may be of interest to our members we will advertise this ourselves.
How do we store your data?
The SRT securely stores your data on a cloud drive which is password protected. We will keep your data for 5 years. Once this time period has expired we will delete your data from the cloud drive.
The SRT would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop The SRT from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please e-mail email@example.com
What are your data protection rights?
The SRT would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitles to the following:
- The right to access – you have the right to request The SRT for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – you have the right to request that our company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request The SRT to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – you have the right to request that The SRT erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – you have the right to request that our company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – you have the right to object to The SRT’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – you have the right to request that The SRT transfer the data we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
There are a number of different types of cookies, however our website uses:
- Functionality – The SRT uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and the location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Our company uses these cookies to collect information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a results.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that The SRT has not addressed your concerns in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via https://ico.org.uk/.