Essay submissions will be accepted from 4th September 2023 at 8am. Please submit your essay here.
Submission deadline: 30th October at 5pm.
Please choose one of the following essay titles:
Title 1 – Imaging inequality: Exploring the differences in Radiology between high and low income countries.
Title 2 – Navigating the grey areas: The ethics of incidental findings in Radiology.
Word limit: 1500 (excluding title and references)
- UK Medical Students
- UK Junior Doctors (any specialty)
- UK Radiology trainees
- Free entry to the SRT Annual Conference 2024
- Certificate for portfolio
- All submissions must be accompanied by a supporting statement from a supervising Consultant Radiologist to confirm this is the candidate’s original work.
- All submissions will be anonymised and judged by the SRT committee. The committees decision is final.
- Please submit your essay as a Microsoft word document. Please do not include any identifying information within the text of the word document itself.
- All authors must confirm their submission is their own original work, which has not been submitted to any other essay competition or for publication elsewhere. All authors must confirm that the submission is not defamatory or unlawful and does not infringe on anyone else’s rights.
- Please note that all submissions are subject to proof reading and editing, and we may ask for rectifications before accepting the essay.
- By submitting your essay, all authors agree to publication of your essay on the SRT website and on our platforms for the educational benefit of our members.
Previous winners (click to see essay):
Radiology Registrar: Dr Jake Cowen
Medical Student: Benjamin Tse
Special commendations to:
Junior doctor: Dr Tun Tha
Medical student: Rohan Sanghera
Junior doctor: Dr Yashwin Sredharan
Medical student: Rosemary Ho
Junior doctor: Dr Yakup Kilic and Dr Indrajeet Mandal
Medical student: Lucy McGuire
Good luck with your entry to the SRT Essay Competition!