The SRT – Fostering Excellence in Radiology
The SRT works hard to support your Radiology training as well as enthusing the next generation of budding radiologists.
Why become a member of the SRT?
The SRT is a registered charity working to support radiology registrars throughout their training to by providing excellent educational resources and organising the Annual Conference which includes a varied programme to suit the needs of radiology trainees from ST1 – 5.
As a member of the Society of Radiologists in Training, you will gain full access to many of the membership benefits we offer, including discounts to multiple events, revision courses and conferences (including the Annual SRT Conference), discounts off memberships to other professional societies and eligibility to enter competitions and win prizes. Furthermore, your membership will be supporting the SRT’s events and activities in organising the Annual National Conference, sponsoring prizes, disseminating newsletters and organising other educational activities throughout the year. Below is a list of current membership benefits offered:
- Special discounted rates for members to attend the SRT Annual Conferences
- Showcase your work as a poster or oral presentation at the well-recognised national SRT Annual Conference and be in with a chance of winning a prize sponsored by the British Sub-Specialty Societies (BSGAR, BMUS, BSUR, BSSR, BSBR, BSIR, BSPR, BSTI, BSHNI, BSER)
- 20% discount off British Institute of Radiology (BIR) membership
- Discounts off popular FRCR exam revision courses
- Up to £100 off the South West FRCR 2b Revision Course
- £50 discount off the FRCR 2a Aintree Revision Course
- £50 discount off the BIR Essential Physics Revision Course
- £99 discount off the London Head & Neck imaging Course
- Subsidised ticket to our Annual Conference Dinner
- 20% discount off Radiology Recipes Interview Course for Specialty Training
- Medical student membership of £10 enables students to enter The SRT Medical student Essay Competition with the prize worth £150 and a mention in The SRT Newsletter
- Receive an electronic copy of the SRT newsletters by email
- … and more to come!
The SRT Committee is always on the lookout for events that will be useful to trainees and always negotiate good discounts for our members. The events page is updated regularly so check it out for more discounts!