The SRT Trainer Of The Year Awards 2019
The ‘Trainer of the year’ awards were introduced in 2014 by the SRT committee. There are regional awards available for Consultant Radiologist trainers, and also for Radiographer and Sonographer trainers.
The nominations are entirely trainee-led, offering an opportunity to recognise and reward the support offered to us by our trainers.
All nominations will be considered by the SRT Executive Committee, and the winners will be judged based upon your comments on the nomination forms.
The closing dates for nomination form submissions is 15th February 2019. The 2019 winners will be notified by email by 1st March 2019 and certificates will be sent soon after.
Guidelines for nominations:
Only Training Schemes who have an SRT Representative will be able to nominate a Consultant Radiologist/Radiographer for the SRT Trainer of the Year Awards.
- One Consultant Radiologist and one Radiographer/Sonographer per Training Scheme may be chosen for the award.
- A maximum of one Consultant Radiologist nomination form and one Radiographer/Sonographer form may be submitted per trainee. Excess nominations cannot be considered.
- The winners will be decided by the Executive Committee based on your comments in the section of the form titled: ‘Describe up to 3 qualities (+/- examples) that make this tutor an excellent trainer.
- Certificates will be sent to the SRT Trainee Representative to deliver to the award winners.
Trainer of the Year 2015-16
Winners of The SRT ‘Trainer of the Year’ Awards 2015-16
East Midlands South
– Dr Adam Thomas (consultant radiologist)
– Mr Michael Warren (radiographer/sonographer)
East of Scotland
– Dr Barry Oliver (consultant radiologist)
– Mrs Avril Barclay (radiographer)
– Mr Jeremy Weldon (Radiographer – Northwick Park Hospital Training Scheme)
– Dr Dominic Yu (Consultant Radiologist – Royal Free Hospital Training Scheme)
– Dr Steve Ellis (Consultant Radiologist – St. Bartholomew’s Hospital Training Scheme)
– Dr Jeevan Kumaradevan (Consultant Radiologist, University College Hospital Training Scheme)
– Dr Christopher George (Consultant Radiologist, Epsom Hospital, St George’s Training Scheme)
– Dr Elizabeth Jokes (Consultant Radiologist, Royal Liverpool Hospital)
– Ms Julie Smith (Sonographer – Alder Hey Children’s Hospital)
– Dr Peter Blair (Consultant Radiologist)
– Mrs Marjorie McClelland (Sonographer)
– Dr Hugh Godfrey (Consultant Radiologist – Ysbyty Gwynedd, Bangor)
– Sonia Parsonage (Sonographer – Wrexham Maelor Hospital)
– Dr Hannah Khirwadkar (Consultant Neuroradiologist)
– Ms Wendy Williams (Radiographer)
– Dr Judith Foster (Consultant Paediatric Radiologist)
– Mr Peter Cantin (Consultant Sonographer)
Trainer of the Year 2014-15
Radiologist Trainer of the Year
East of Scotland: Dr. Thomas Taylor
London: Dr Dominic Yu (Royal Free); Dr Jeevan Kumaradevan (UCH); Dr Kathryn Wessley (Chelsea & Westminster); Dr Pamela Allen (King’s)
Mersey: Dr. Edu Anosike
Peninsula: Dr. Richard Riordan
Wales: Dr. Rebecca Dixon
Wessex: Dr. Adam Wallis
West Midlands: Dr. Alison Page
Yorkshire: Dr. Andrew Grainger
Radiographer/Sonographer/AHP Trainer of the Year
East of Scotland: Mr. Scot Dundas
Mersey: Ms. Samantha Lacey
Peninsula: Mr. Pete Cantin
Wales: Mr. John Rees
Wessex: Ms. Ashley Andrews
West Midlands: Ms. Angie Heeney
West Yorkshire: Ms Terry Humphrey