Essay Competition 2020
Following from the success of our previous competitions, we are delighted to announce that we will be holding a new competition this year in 2020. Given the postponement of our 2020 Annual Conference due to the coronavirus pandemic, we have decided to open up our competition to Radiology trainees and other trainee doctors, in addition to medical students! We will be running two separate categories with a prize available for each.
The title of the 2020 Essay Competition is:
“Should Interventional Radiology gain specialty status within the Royal College of Radiologists?”
- UK medical students
- UK Radiology trainees and other trainee doctors
- Opens in June 2020.
- Applicants must submit a 1500 word essay, including references and tables, along with the applicant’s full name, medical school/hospital and a supporting statement from the supervising Consultant Radiologist who can confirm that it is the original work of the applicant.
- The SRT Committee will judge the essays and the decision of the committee is final and binding.
- The two winners (one from each category) will be presented with a certificate, invited to attend the 2021 SRT Annual Conference (worth £150) and a be awarded a book prize.
- Applications should be sent to: email@example.com by 3rd August 2020.
Medical Student Essay Competition 2019/20
Winner: Lucy McGuire, University of Glasgow School of Medicine
Medical Student Essay Competition 2018/19
Winner: Stefan Lam, 4th year medical student, Barts and The London School of Medicine
Medical Student Essay Competition 2017/18
Winner: Stefan Lam, 3rd year medical student, Barts and The London School of Medicine.