Essay Competition 2021
Following from the success of our previous competitions, we are delighted to announce that we will be holding a new competition this year in 2021.
You will have several titles to choose from and write either a literature review relevant to clinical radiology, or describe a personal experience of working in a radiology department during an elective/taster week.
The titles for the 2021 Essay Competition are:
- How has COVID-19 changed the educational paradigm in Radiology?
- In what ways do you think postgraduate training should change or adapt following the covid-19 pandemic?
- How could the Covid-19 pandemic change the way Radiologists work in the future?
- UK & International medical students
- UK Radiology trainees
- UK junior doctors (not in Radiology training)
- Opens in March 2021.
- Applicants must submit a 1500 word essay, including references and tables, along with the applicant’s full name, grade, medical school/hospital and a supporting statement from the supervising Consultant Radiologist who can confirm that it is the original work of the applicant.
- The SRT Committee will judge the essays and the decision of the committee is final and binding.
- The winners will be presented with a certificate and invited to attend the 2021 SRT Annual Conference (worth £90).
- Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st May 2021.
Medical Student Essay Competition 2021
Winner: Rosemary Ho, Final Year Medical Student, Hull York Medical School
Medical Student Essay Competition 2020
Winner: Lucy McGuire, University of Glasgow School of Medicine
Medical Student Essay Competition 2019
Winner: Stefan Lam, 4th year medical student, Barts and The London School of Medicine
Medical Student Essay Competition 2018
Winner: Stefan Lam, 3rd year medical student, Barts and The London School of Medicine.